Friday, April 4, 2008

Saying Goodbye to DC

Greg:

On our last night in DC, my roommates at The Minge threw a sweet goodbye party, a central part of which was games. Oh, how I will miss playing Kings with you guys.

Fortunately, we had packed the car before the drinking started. It is my opinion that Shana should receive a commendation from the Army Corp of Engineers for fitting everything in the car.

On the morning of our departure, we all went to the "World Famous Florida Avenue Grill", 3 blocks from the house. Thank goodness I hadn't discovered this purveyor of heart-clogging soul food wonderfullness earlier. Watching the guy manning the grill, we saw him often use more butter than egg to make a single omelet. Note: if you go there, try the corned beef hash ... it's the best I've ever had. I should have tried the Scrapple (ground up pig parts), but wimped out.

No comments: