Thursday, May 1, 2008

California here we come!














Greg and I have been loving our restful week with his parents in La Jolla. It's nice to sleep in a real bed, veg out in front of a huge TV, and eat breakfast on the porch in perfect weather every day. La Jolla is a very cute little town north of San Diego with the most perfect views of the beach.

I played golf (not the mini-sort) for the very first time and actually did pretty well. My 2nd round of golf, I actually hit par on 3 holes. I only know how to use the 9 iron, Sand wedge, and putter, but that's enough for me. I even beat Greg and his dad hole for hole over 9 holes (with a 1.5 hole handicap, of course).

Greg and I had brunch at a very fancy hotel out on their deck looking over the ocean. It was, hands down, the best meal we've had on our whole trip. The buffet was loaded with beautiful ice sculptors, chocolate fountains, crab legs, and eggs Benedict. After 2.5 hours, Greg successfully ate 6 plates of food and I had 6 glasses of mimosa. Obviously, we had to walk off our big meal by walking along the beach and watch others being athletic (it was the morning of the San Diego Half Marathon).

The rest of the week was spent taking Nelson (Greg's German Shepard) to the Dog Beach, cooking delicious meals (we made the tomato mussel dish for his parents), getting addicted to Lost, and loving the California sun. We also went to the Wild Animal Park where we got to take a train around an open exhibit with lots of African animals-- very cool! This is going to be a great state to live in!

No comments: